Friday, June 6, 2014

The Greek Tragedy (videos)

What is happening in Greece is nothing short of a tragedy and the responsibility must lie with the EU and the Greek politicians who bent the rules to force the country into a single currency which it was never going to fit.
In 2009 I predicted what would happen to the Greek economy but I am not glad that it has as what it has led to is terrible suffering by the Greek people. I have been inundated with messages from people all over the world, including Germans appalled at what is happening in their name.
But the largest number of messages have come from people in Greece sharing their stories with me, and I want to share them with you so you can read first hand what life has become for so many people in that country because of the greed of the political classes. Greece needs to leave the single currency.
If it were not in the eurozone, in a shroud of EU spin, we would all be told that they are defaulting on many of their debts. That is what this so called 'haircut' is. And it needs to happen and Greece needs to bring back the Drachma so once again it can be a country with a future as well as the country with the famous history and the birthplace of democracy.








I am writing to you to express my thanks for your support. I am a 31 years old Greek woman, desperate and unemployed. I have studied Tourism Business and speak English, French and German.
The last three years I have worked for 8 months in total. I have no hope for the future and I feel ashamed that my parents have to pay for my food, clothes and bills. I have lots of friends who face the same problems. We love our country and we are really sorry having to deal with such a situation.
Greek people are not frauds who steal money or cheat in order to become more wealthy. We have dreams, we want to live free and indepandently, but we feel that we are not given this right.
We have suffered a lot from bad politicians and conquers that ruined our lives. We want this to stop and whoever is to blame to be punished and all the others live happily ever after.
I wish we had in Greece such politicians as you are. Thank you on behalf of all my family, friends and all Greeks.
I am 26 years old and I'm a Greek citizen and habitant. I can't see any future in my country and also I can't see anyone from those in charge can help in this difficult situation.
I would like to thank you for your speeches in the European parliament, with that you are defended the Greek people in front all those that want only to destroy Greece. I wish you were Greek and you spoke from part of Greek people.
Mr. Farage,
We need HELP.
I'm just a Greek citizen and I'm proud of it. The problem is that we are in trouble here and the only one that cares for all the things happening to Greece is you. So I (and many other Greek citizens like me) ask for your help.
I dont have the money to travel there so i can ask you this in person.
PLEASE
Tell all the gentlemen there in the EU Parliament that i invite them here to Athens, to live one and only day with any simple civilian they choose so they can experience the real touch of the memorandums and the economic death we are driven into by them.
PLEASE.
Tell Mr.Barroso and Mr. Van Rompuy that the majority of the Greek people cannot stand all these economic measures they ask from our goverment (a goverment which in the latest polls took a 8.5%!!!)
I my self am an owner of a simple grocery store and my real profit is 100 euros per week. Of course i have to pay for the rent (450 euros), electric bills (230 euros) and to eat and buy some clothes when needed among other things.
Don't forget to tell them that living in luxury, they cant even imagine what we (the Greeks and many will follow I believe) have to put up with every day so we can continue surviving.
WE CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE. PLEASE, if you Mr Farage can understand just a little the situation i'm describing,read this in the EU Parliament on behalf of the Greek People.
Let us live in decent so we can pay back the debt that you made us own you.
We've never been asked about the loans. Our Goverments tricked us all this time so they could get our vote and maybe get one family member to a public service.
But that was the way previous generations was thinking and acting.
I am 34 years old and all i want is to make a family but me and my wife don't have even the first expenses for a baby (ex.hospital about 1000 euros).
If you continue all this all you will achieve is to destroy a nation, destroy millions of people for what? Oil? Gas? Sun? Our Islands? Our Seas?
As you Mr. Farage said before,the EU is leading the Greek people to racism against Germany and France too. Mrs. Merkel and Mr. Sarchozy seems that their only interest is profit and not people or the "EU Vision".
So please help us Mr Farage,seems that you are all we've got.
This is the present reality for a European Citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment